Smart People. Exciting Careers.
Join Wyndham Jade and become part of a talented team of professionals known for world-class customer satisfaction and expertise in the Convention Housing and Registration, Meetings, Incentives and Corporate Travel business. For nearly 30 years, the company has been a trusted leader in travel and event planning. Delivering exceptional service and client technology solutions, our energetic staff goes the extra mile to meet our clients’ goals and exceed their expectations.
If you’re self-motivated, responsible and have great communication and people skills, we want to hear from you. Wyndham Jade is an established, family-friendly company offering outstanding benefits and significant opportunities.
Job Title: Program Manager, Incentive Travel & Meetings
Department: Incentives & Meetings, Plano Division
Reports To: Director of Incentive Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for managing all program elements of meeting and incentive travel programs from contract to close by functioning as primary client liaison and lead for assigned programs. Negotiate critical program components based on knowledge of client requirements and create budgets. Manage meetings and programs through the implementation of strategy, delivery of objectives, and execution of logistics, while effectively working with clients and providing unparalleled levels of customer service on all travel programs.
The scope of this position is dependent upon assigned account/program and will vary from client to client and program to program.
Reports to Operations Director. Working relationship with clients and third party suppliers. Interacts with internal departments including, but not limited to, Sales, Sourcing/Meeting Coordinators, and other operating divisions.
1) Manage accounts conducting meeting and incentive travel programs beginning with file turn-over from Sales through all life-cycle stages, culminating in program completion and closing of the program.
2) Responsible for program development, planning, execution and final billing. Manage the overall program experience including all facets of hotel management, ground and air travel, food and beverage, staffing, activities and excursions, on-site event management and VIP service.
3) Coordinate all program components including administration, collateral, logistics and operations.
4) Set up program profile and components in OneSystem, Wyndham Jade’s proprietary database for registration site.
5) Registration management: pre-/post- trip for attendees, reports, etc.
6) Ability to create and maintain program budgets and monitor program profitability. Renegotiate RFP components for space, dates, pricing, and contractual agreements with vendor / suppliers such as hotels, cruise lines, destination management companies, transportation companies.
7) Review, manage and monitor contract and all elements including payment schedule for vendors, deposits from client and foreign currency exchange rates (as applicable).
8) Set up, arrange and conduct (as needed) sight inspections, pre-con meetings, final billing review and post-program debrief.
9) Organize and maintain files.
10) Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents (proposal requests, contracts, agreements, invoices, purchase orders, etc.)
11) Ensure daily paperwork and assignments are processed on a timely basis, meeting all deadlines as set by internal / external customers and/or supervisor.
12) Strong eye for detail and proofing of spelling, grammar and mathematical computations.
13) Oversee and participate in the design and creation of all program collateral materials (web pages, static pages, Trip Specifications / Docs, POE’s, signage, on site documents including departure notices, etc.)
14) Represent Wyndham Jade in a professional manner at all times with internal / external customers and vendors. Develop positive and cooperative working relationships with all parties involved.
1) Advises accounting/customer of deposit requirements, and secure payments.
2) Responsible for accurate program forecasting and updating business management systems with accurate financial information as needed.
3) Manages overall program budget, reviews and audits all program related billing for accuracy.
4) Tracks and reports expenses to clients and communicates changes to them on a consistent basis.
5) May initiate and reconcile supplier payments.
1) Work closely with internal customers including, but not limited to sales team, air travel department, operations, contracting, and the executive team.
2) Maintains open and on-going communication with team regarding supplier utilization, key negotiations, performance and unique programming ideas.
3) Partners with third party suppliers to understand, negotiate and arrange their services as needed.
4) Provides negotiation expertise to team members, as requested.
5) Works closely with client to ensure program objectives are executed.
6) Maintains proactive, positive, open line of communication with client to ensure understanding of expectations and client satisfaction.
7) Acts as lead, communicates program requirements to team as needed; works closely with support departments to exceed client requirements and objectives.
8) Conducts regularly scheduled status meetings with client and stakeholders from pre-launch through program operation.
9) May be requested to manage VIP special projects and oversee VIP logistics.
1) Works on special projects as assigned by the Director of Operations.
2) May require travel to destinations worldwide, in support of client site inspections and/or program operations.
3) Keep abreast of industry standards and trends related to responsibilities.
1) Minimum of three years experience in incentive, event or meeting management; incentive travel program background is a major plus.
2) Proven negotiation skills.
3) Knowledge of travel supplier operations, overall capabilities/range of services.
4) Program management system experience preferred.
5) Understanding of and ability to effect win/win solutions.
6) Operations experience in hospitality industry or equivalent a plus.
7) Prior successful experience in developing and maintaining key client and supplier relationships.
8) Prior experience in effectively handle multiple projects/demands.
9) Strong knowledge of program/event management and budget maintenance.
10) College degree preferred.
11) Proven aptitude for technology and/or software solutions and analytical skills required. Must be comfortable building basic registration sites.
MS EXCEL – INTERMEDIATE – Required
MS OUTLOOK – INTERMEDIATE – Required
MS POWERPOINT – BEGINNER – Required
MS POWERPOINT – INTERMEDIATE – Desired
MS WORD – INTERMEDIATE – Required
WINDOWS – INTERMEDIATE – Required
• Excellent customer service skills
• Process management / operation / control
• Manage competing priorities, deadlines and extensive implementation requirements
• Results-oriented problem solving / reasoning skills
• Ability to negotiate terms, pricing, and manage contracts and budgets
• Demonstrate flexibility and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
• Oral Communication and Presentation
• Strong financial acumen
• Judgment and decisiveness; ability to work in a self-managed setting
• Team orientation and superior communication skills
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage onsite staff and internal support staff.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE: College degree preferred. Prefer 5+ years of related experience. Global travel experience and/or knowledge desired. Strong project management capabilities and computer skills required.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must be available for both international and domestic travel.
RESUMES SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO: